[evlatests] Antenna 24, at C band is HOT!

Chuck Kutz ckutz at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 3 15:28:11 EDT 2009

Dan Mertely wrote:
> There is a maint form on ant 24 C band.  The internal
> heaters turn on without intended command.  It sounds
> like it's doing it again.  I'll let Cryo know.
>
> -Mert
>

> Rick Perley wrote:
>
>>     Antenna 24, all IFs, at C-band is showing sensitivity low by about a
>> factor of four.  It is showing normal sensitivies at K, Ka, and Q bands.
>>     The cause is easy to find -- the system temperature is about 300 K.
>>
>>     Rick

Guys,

The Cryo group is aware of this and Front End Group has been working on
this issue.
 Yes, there is a maint form open on this receiver for this very thing.
We have been trying to solve the issue. The card cage was swapped out a
few weeks ago, but it is still doing it. We went out today with yest
another card cage.
Although it may seem hard to believe, it undeniably turned out to be the
F317 slot that the card cage was plugged into. Interrupting the power
would result in the heaters being on when the power was reapplied (a
purposeful glitch) the power when the receiver was plugged into its
designated slot. Due  limited availability, we just moved the receiver
to a different slot. We will let Wayne know.

Chuck