[evlatests] Internal Birdie at 1408.25 MHz

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 13 18:37:31 EDT 2009

The L301 can only tune in 256 MHz steps.

Has this birdie been seen before?  Is it still seen if the input or
output attenuator settings are increased? This would if it is an
internal birdie in the T304 or DTS module.  The DTS module
particularly worries me since the 128 MHz is used as a clock
throughout that module.  If that is the source, it should be present
even with the T304 output attenuator set to a high value.

Terry also pointed out that we could be seeing the 11th harmonic (or
comb line) of the 128 MHz leaking out of the L300 or a cable and
being picked up by the receiver.

Jim