[evlatests] Image Rotation by 180 degrees confirmed

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 6 17:53:09 EDT 2009

    Michael observed Cygnus A on Saturday night with both WIDAR and the
VLA, using exactly the same file.   He placed the phase center near the
middle of one lobe, so as to more easily determine if we have a problem
with our phase conventions, as some earlier observations have suggested.

    I have made images of the 6cm data from both the VLA and WIDAR
correlator data.  The two databases were calibrated in identical
manners.  There is no question whatever that the WIDAR image is rotated
by 180 degrees about the phase tracking center.  So (in effect) the
WIDAR baselines 'point' the wrong way.