[evlatests] this afternoon's x-band run

Emmanuel Momjian emomjian at nrao.edu
Mon Jan 26 21:30:32 EST 2009

We had another x-band test run for about 35 minutes using a 1 second
integration time on a ~4 Jy point source. In general, the data look
similar to those taken yesterday night and this morning, except:

ea18: R pol. on both IFs (IFs A and B), in the last 12 minutes the
sensitivity degraded by a factor of 50. In the first 22 minutes their
sensitivities were as expected and similar to the L pol.

ea23: was auto stowed due to high wind, so we couldn't check its
performance.

ea26: IF C (IF1, L-pol) had very high gains (very low sensitivity), but
the observations were taken before Mike's note.

VLA-EVLA baselines: The higher scatter that was seen in IF B on the
cross baselines in previous tests, and which were attributed to the
flukes, is no longer there.

Emmanuel