[evlatests] Which antennas should we connect to WIDAR-0?

Mark McKinnon mmckinno at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 26 10:32:21 EST 2009

Michael,

Just some obvious feedback on your proposal.

Rick, Ken, et al. will want to test newly-converted EVLA
antennas (e.g. 15 and 8) with the VLA correlator, so we
should avoid connecting them to WIDAR-0, at least initially.
I see your proposal avoids this dilemma.

Note that the 9-antenna restriction to WIDAR-0 you discuss
below really applies only in Aug when deformatter limitations
will set the number of sub-bands to 9x4=36. But prior to that,
we can certainly connect 10 antennas to WIDAR-0, with limited
sub-bands (e.g. we could connect 10 antennas with 2 sub-bands
each in Jun as we originally planned).

MM