[evlatests] Time error of 10 WG cycle on array?

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sat Feb 14 23:05:21 EST 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009, Vivek Dhawan wrote:

> That should be 0.5 sec or ~10 WG cycles. Duh.
>
> Vivek Dhawan wrote:
>> Baselines were done after the 5 N arm antennas moved, and
>> show 2 curious things.
>>
>> 1. There appears to be a systematic position shift of
>>     every antenna, increasing along each arm, with a
>>     maximum of 25cm at the ends. Since the velocity at
>>     at the end of an arm in B array is 50cm/s, this
>>     corresponds to a time error of about 0.05s, or 1
>>     waveguide cycle. Could the timing have gone off in
>>     the recent network changes?

The MIBs still have the correct time when compared with machines
in the control building and the T5 sync detectors are consistent
with the antennas, but if there is a difference of an even number
of WG cycles it will not be seen.

The L350 is in sync.  Can it have been synchronized to an incorrect
1 PPS last Wednesday?  As far as I can tell the system seems to be
self consistent, but I cannot readily tell if it is correct.