[evlatests] Ant 15 (and various issues)

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Wed Feb 11 20:23:42 EST 2009

Ant 15 is not in good shape at the moment.  We had to steal DTS modules
to try and get antenna 13 working again after the MIB updates.  The
utility rack is up and running so the front end guys could start cooling
receivers, but we still have modules to install, cables and fiber to
hook up, and levels to set.  We will have to get help from others
tomorrow in fixing the remaining gotchas (from the software upgrades
done today) so that focus can be placed on getting ant 15 finished.

I would suggest postponing ant 15's inspection tomorrow and getting it
next week, but I'll leave that call up to Gene.

Antenna 14's T304-D is not talking after the MIB changes, but may come
back with a power cycle.  We did not get a chance to get to 14 today.

Antenna 13 had a D301 and a D302 that would not come back after MIB
changes.  We tried power cycling, but to no avail.  Mike and Doug S.
took modules from ant 15 to get 13 running, but the D301 that they
installed had no output power on fiber channels 21 and 25.  This module
will be checked into tomorrow by Doug Gerrard.  The D302 is working now.

We had assorted problems with modules not coming up correctly after the
MIB changes/reboots, but I believe we have these sorted out now (except
for those listed above).  Thanks for Hichem's diligence today!

In an effort to eliminate ant 9's parity errors, I re-installed an EDFA
into the IF signal path.  After carefully setting levels, I could not
clear the errors!  I called Kerry who also tried (unsuccessfully) to
clear the errors.  This problem needs to be looked into further by Mike
Revnell, Kerry Shores, and myself.

We also had a power supply problem in the central LO-B rack, which we
believe was the power supply itself, and it was replaced.

That's all for now!
Rob