[evlatests] EVLA L-Band on Antenna 24

Bob Hayward rhayward at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 20 10:35:00 EDT 2009

The new EVLA L-Band receiver (S/N 01) was installed on Antenna 24
yesterday. It is still cooling. The OMT is at 92K - we're hoping it gets
down to about 65K. The receiver still requires its cabling to be
finalized before it is ready for use. That should be completed today.

Note that I have set the noise calibration step much higher than usual
(about 8K rather than the usual 1-2K). This is to allow us to achieve
better accuracy in transferring the calibration measurements that we did
with the integrated feed+receiver test in the Barn last week (the bigger
the noise diode Y-factor, the better the on-antenna Tsys measurements
will be). Once Rick and I are done of our efficiency tests in September,
I'll pad the noise diode down to a more acceptable level.

-Bob