[evlatests] R/L phase differences.

Bob Sault rsault at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 23 17:27:36 EDT 2009

Following on Barry's suggestion, attached is a plot
of simply differencing the RR and LL phases on a
particular baseline (and subtracting off an arbitrary
constant so the plot turns out near 0).

These do show phase changes between the two polarizations
which are significantly greater than expected from thermal
noise (thermal noise should give an RMS of about 0.7 deg
in this plot).

I could not see any periodicities in the data.

These are data with no calibration, so we can presumably
discount off-line software as a cause of the issue.

Regarding the discrepancy I showed at the meeting today, it was a
phase-only effect. The amplitudes calibrated well on
the 1 minute solution interval.

Best regards
Bob
Bob Sault is in Socorro until July 2009