[evlatests] Antsol logs plotter

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 8 23:38:54 EDT 2009

To plot a day's worth of data, e.g. for month=04, day=07, IF A,

from a Linux terminal, type:    /users/vdhawan/gn_plot 04 07 A

2 plots will open with amplitude & phase. Projects & times will
list on the terminal.

Note: antenna 28 has been weak at many bands - anyone know why?

Vivek.

Barry Clark wrote:
 > For convenience in diagnosing when problems started, I have started
 > having ANTSOL record its antenna based solutions.
 >
 > They are found in files named
 > for instance
 > /home/mchost2/evladata/itc/2009/04/01-SYSSTA.GN

-------------

Fine print - your mileage may vary.

1. There is a lot of stuff happening in a day, it takes some interpreting.
    logs are at    http://www.vla.nrao.edu/cgi-bin/oplogs.cgi

2. The 4 colours are 4 antennas per panel.

3. The plotter is interactive, if you care. Rick and I use it, ask one
    of us or  http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace/doc/UsersGuide.html

    Perhaps the most useful is to show one antenna alone as follows:
    double click on a panel ==> click & drag to select all sets ==> right
    click and select 'hide' ==> click one set ==> 'show'

4. To (remake) plots for a project, check the list and select it.
    minimum match works    e.g.     /users/vdhawan/gn_plot 04 08-AG B
    will plot IF B for all projects on Apr 8 beginning with AG

5. Amplitudes are _very_ roughly in mJy @ X band on a log scale, e.g. 40
    means ~10Jy. Zero means no data for that antenna, e.g. ea27 right now.
    If WIDAR is operating, many in this plot will be zero.

6. Phases zero means no data for that antenna. Except for the reference
    antenna (usually 24). Use the amplitude as a cross check.

7. Data from housekeeping, e.g. ?DELAY, POINT, may have variable amplitude
    and/or phase.

8. The list is from the first and last lines in each file, sometimes e.g.
    SYSSTA, the file is written several times a day with gaps in between.
    The size is another check on the duration.