[evlatests] Mystery temperature swings

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 16 15:32:39 EDT 2008

We have a Campbell Scientific data logger we have used in the
antennas for similar measurements.  I believe Doug Gerrard has it and
probably knows the most about setting it up.

There are also some small USB temperature loggers around.  These run
on batteries, look like a small thumb drive and you plug them into a
USB port to dump the data.   I don't know who has them - they were
being used in a few antennas to monitor the HVAC.

Do any of the nearby Cisco network switches have temperature
monitoring?  I think some of the Cisco boxes around here do. If so,
you might check them to see if they show the same thing.   James
Robnett or Fred Dunn would be the best to ask about that.

Jim Jackson