[evlatests] EVLA-VLA incoherency statistics

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Wed Mar 19 12:01:25 EDT 2008

There is no EVLA hardware fix for this.  If the hardware in the two
systems gets out of sync (or phase lock) with each other, manual
(human) intervention on the EVLA side is required to fix it - it
would not self correct on the next scan.

Is it possible for VLA hardware to be causing this?  If it's only
happening on the AC side, this implies that something is simply broke
in the VLA system and needs to be repaired - presumably something
associated with controlling the Flukes.  If VLA hardware is causing
it and can't be fixed by a simple repair (ie - it's a design
problem), then we should live with it until we turn the VLA system off.

Jim