[evlatests] Azimuth-Dependent Noise Power Variations on Antenna 4, at K, Ka, and Q bands

Dan Mertely dmertely at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 24 17:33:31 EDT 2008

... Perhaps far-out sidelobes (90 deg off beam) rotating through
the nearby (DW8) antenna & seeing 300K?  Were previous measurements
taken in the D array?  The range between DW8 & DW9 is only around
100m.  Figure 7 on page 19 of Vivek's, "Far Sidelobes of 25m
Radio Astronomy Antennas at 18 cm" (Interference Memo #25) seems
to indicate that (at least for VLBA antennas @ L-band) variations
of up to 20 dB can be found in Az cuts 90 deg off of boresite.

-Mert