[evlatests] 12.5 MHz BW spectral line mode noise

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 3 19:14:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Rick Perley wrote:

> I can't confirm if the 'self-test' was actually off.  But if it was, we
> still have a problem with extra noise in Stokes I and V (actually, in
> the correlations RR and LL).

I asked the operator to run this file again and can report that
the correlator selftest flag was turned for the entire duration
of the file.

The next step is compare selftest off and selftest on once again
to be sure we know what is happening.  It would be interesting to
verify that the extra noise really did go away before.

Is the added noise now consistent with a factor of sqrt(2)?