[evlatests] Receiver to look into ...

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 21 11:13:34 EDT 2008

    We took some sensitivity data (detailed results to be summarized at
the meeting this morning), at X and C bands.  If we are looking into
moisture problems this week, the following receivers should get priority
treatment:

    A)  X-band:      Only antenna 25 has a sensitivity significantly
worse than normal.
                             Antennas 6, 18, 22 and 23 are about 30%
below the median sensitivity of the others.

    B) C-band:      EVLA antennas 17, 19, 24 and 26 have sensitivity far
worse than normal.
                            VLA antennas 6, 8, 10 and 15 are all
significantly poorer than the other VLA antennas.
                            EVLA antennas 2, 4, 5 and 23 are somewhat
worse than nominal.

    I haven't checked L-band, nor any of the higher frequency bands.
(These latter are best done when skies are clear -- a rare sight these
days ...)