[evlatests] C-Band Sensitivity Troubles

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:58:09 EDT 2008

    I neglected to list the antennas whose sensitivities are the worst
at C-band:

    They are (starting with the worst):

    RCP:  19, 11, 21, 24,26,1 (Tsys varying from 130 to 70 K)
    LCP:  19, 17, 21, 11, 1, 24, 23, 26 (same Tsys range).

    I also neglected to note that the procedure described earlier gave
sensible results only for the A and C IFs.  For B and D, some EVLA
antennas gave very different Tsys values -- which are always lower.  In
all cases, these are the most recently upgraded EVLA antennas.  As Cyg A
effectively doubles the system temperature at this band, the simplest
explanation is that we're running the power levels too high (or too
low), giving a non-linear response when we move to Cyg A.