[evlatests] Antenna 8 -- Q-band

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 31 19:19:07 EST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Ray Ferraro wrote:

>     I noticed the Cals weren't working for VLA antenna 8 a while ago
> when I saw a bad sampler in IFA which I had the operator swap out. The
> operator was informed.
>
> Rick Perley wrote:
>>     VLA antenna 8 is not fringing at Q-band, in any IF.  The data are
>> not flagged.  (It's quite unusual for a failure of this type to not be
>> flagged on a VLA antenna).

What clues I can provide.

Indeed there are no cals at many bands.  I can remember looking
at Q, K and X.  However all bands but Q band fringe, the lack
of cals may be unrelated.  There is not correlated signal at all
at Q band but power levels seem OK and the LOs all claim to be
locked.  It might be a bandswitch problem, but is most likely
something more subtle.