[evlatests] Ken's Automated Stress Test

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jan 31 16:20:32 EST 2008

    Ken 'test drove' his automated version of the EVLA startup stress
test over lunch today.

    The results are excellent -- both in terms of his test script
procedure (which worked perfectly), and in the array data quality.

    Some overall results:

    1) All antennas are working well at all bands for which receivers
are installed.  (Antennas 11 and 13 were outof the array over lunch, so
no comment can be made about these).

    2) However, antenna 16, IFs B and D, are not working well.  IF 'D'
is giving no fringes at any band, and IF 'B' is weak.

    3) There is a serious issue with antenna 1 at C-band:  IF 'C' is
weak by a factor of about three in fringe power (and is not flagged),
while IF 'C' is weak by a factor of four, (and is flagged).  Only C-band
is affected.

    4) None of the flagging issues -- notably those at L-band --
detailed in my message this morning, are visible in the current data
set.  (I conclude that the system likes Ken a lot more than it likes me).

    5) Only one incorrect flag was found -- antenna 24D was flagged at
P-band, but the data look fine to my eye.