[evlatests] New L350

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 25 18:50:17 EST 2008

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Jim Jackson wrote:

> The critical monitor points are:  PLL_LOCK_DETECT, EVLA_SYNC_DETECT, and
> VLA_SYNC_DETECT.  The value of these three monitor points should be "1".
> If any of them are solidly "0" the system is broken.  At the moment ,
> the sync detects will occasionally glitch to "0" for a few seconds then
> return to "1".  This can be disregarded - it is believed to be a fault
> in the monitor logic and is being looked into.

Given our problems Wednesday night,

get l350.sync_en_status
<EVLAMessage location='evla-mib-0-7d' timestamp='54490.9902079' >
   <device name='L350'>
     <monitor name='SYNC_EN_STATUS' type='digital' value='0' alert='0' />
   </device>
</EVLAMessage>

is also of interest.  This is now set to generate an alert if
true in the hope of catching an enable inadvertantly left high.
This will work only if the monitor point is really linked to
the enable command, a connection I have not tested.

We will provide similar alerts in the L305s as well.