[evlatests] Polarization, continued

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Feb 21 19:09:43 EST 2008

    I have reviewed the x-band polarization characteristics from my long
observations taken in October.  These data were taken in the same
configuration, and at the same band, as those taken in December, which
have given the very peculiar results for antennas 14 and 15, recently
reported.

    The data from October show *none* of these odd problems.  Antennas
14 and 15 behave like all the others.

    So -- what is different?  One thing, primarily:  The October data
were taken in continuum, 50 MHz.  The December data were taken in
polarization spectral line mode, at 12.5 MHz.

    Anybody have any clue as to how the PA mode can muck up the antenna
polarizations, for a few antennas?