[evlatests] Ant 04

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sat Feb 9 18:17:57 EST 2008

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008, Michael LeBlanc wrote:

> Rob Long wrote:
>> Antenna 4 has three receivers installed (X, L, and Q bands) and all
>> electronics needed to use them.  There were problems in the M302/M303
>> wiring and fire alarm system over the last couple of days that caused power
>> to cycle up and down numerous times.  All modules were up and working
>> properly, but after the power cycles we lost communication with the F320
>> and the M301.
>>
>> I looked into these yesterday and found that both modules are not loading
>> slot ID properly.  The M301 will be fixed today and when Wayne or Cody
>> return from illness, we will talk with them about the F320 problem.  Worst
>> case, we can open the F320 and figure out what the MIB number is so that we
>> can turn on the cal signal for first fringes.
>>
>> The ACU is talking in the antenna which turned out to be a faulty slot ID
>> card.  The servo group is finishing up some work today and Doug says that
>> they plan on running servo tests at the beginning of next week.
>>
>> Rob

> To all (FYI),
>
> The M301 is up and functional.  The issues was a missed wired (all wires)
> SlotID DB-9 connector of the module harness.

I exuberantly took this to measn that the antenna rather than
M301 was funtional.  I can report that there are still a few
problems, most likely know to all already.

1.  There are FRM power problems.
2.  No cals at X band, but apparantly at L and Q.
3.  IF B DTS is not working right.

If we are anxious for first fringes, 1. should be fixed first
and the ACU declared operational.  We can do without cals.
The IF B DTS probably just needs to be reset.