[evlatests] 4-band fringing

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 22 17:11:40 EST 2008

    A look at 4-band over lunch today shows:

    a) No fringes from antenna 1, 8, 24, 25, 26 or 28.
    b) Weak fringes from 2 and 14.

    I looked only on the AC IFs, where autoleveling is working.

    I find that Tsys/effic ~ 20,000K.   Better than I expected, given
that this was on Cyg A, where the system temperature is perhaps 8000K
(so efficiency may actually be close to 0.33)  .  I'll need to look at
3C123 (off the galactic plane, and weak enough so it doesn't perturb
Tsys itself) to get a better measure of the actual efficiency.