[evlatests] ea03 better

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 15 15:23:13 EDT 2008

Pointing Wednesday night was a big help.  I now consider the antenna
usable at all the outfitted band: L, C, X and K.  Delays and focus
are good, as is pointing.  K band collimation has not yet been
registered to X band, so referenced pointing may not work as well
as hoped.  That will be taken care of next week.

I expect to do a proper X band pointing run next week the night of
the double maintenance days.

The C band receiver seems to have a high system temperature.  The FE
group is investigating.

It may have been repaired by now, but Thursday the T5/T6 for IF D
was misbehaving causing a lower than expected amplitude on all
baslines with ea03.  The symptom I saw was that the ALC did net
peg at -1 v. when the power level was decreased.

I think the antenna is usable for astronomical observing.