[evlatests] evla antenna problems

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Sep 19 19:21:21 EDT 2007

EA13
It has a DTS problem.  Jerry understands it and will take care
of it tomorrow.  In addition the subreflector rotatoin index
seems to have slipped by a few degrees.  There is a collimation
error of about 2.3 arc-min whose position angle, in az-el space,
varies with band.  This was reported a while ago, but remains.

EA18
Jerry reports that it, too, suffers from the same DTS problem.

EA25
K band works, but even after correcting focus and pointing is
weaker than other antennas by about a factor of five.  Steve
and I have both noticed the low SD voltage at K band.
possibilities are:
1.  It is warm.
2.  Optical misalignment so that we are seeing much more ground
     than we should.
If it were only that the T-cal were too weak, antenna performance
would not be affected.