[evlatests] Mis-cataloged data

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 22 10:11:11 EDT 2007

    The seven  hours of software time last Friday were used to continue
studies of EVLA polarization stability.   Analysis of these data (which
are generally of outstanding quality) has shown another worrisome
mis-cataloging of data.

    The plan was to observe two sources (3C286 and 3C287) alternately at
four bands -- L, C, X, and K, cycling round and round in the order
given, with two minutes spent on each.   Upon filling the data, I find
that two of the L-band scans are twice as long as they should be, with
an abrupt change in visibility amplitudes halfway through.  Sure enough,
the corresponding C-band scans are missing, so it is clear that these
C-band observations are contained within the L-band files.  Somehow, the
change to C-band was missed, and the data are mis-labeled as being at
L-band.

    I can provide detailed times to anybody wanting more information.