[evlatests] Antenna 11 drops at L-band -- gone

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 19 11:09:21 EDT 2007

Rick,

Late last week, we swapped that L302-2 synthesizer (SN 17) with the
L302-1 in the same antenna. Yesterday you mentioned a different but
equally strange problem occurred with IF's A and C so we took that
synthesizer out completely and replaced it with a spare.  Try to run
antenna 11 through as many of your stress tests as you can over the
next few days.  If no more problems show up, I'll give the thing to
Matt along with the plots you gave me.  We've never been able to
catch it doing anything wrong but if the problems don't return, we'll
have to assume something is wrong with it.

Cheers,
Jim