[evlatests] P-Band

Craig Walker cwalker at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:47:54 EDT 2007

There is going to be a VLBI observation of the methanol maser on October
31 (GB063A) using Y1.  The exact frequency of the maser is 6668.5192
MHz.  The observation will also observe continuum sources using the
frequency range 6621-6699 MHz.  Is the "6.7" GHz signal in those bands?

Craig

Claire Chandler wrote:
> They may not affect overall power levels but 6.7 GHz coincides with the
> methanol maser frequency and we may have upcoming observations at this
> frequency that would be affected.
>
> Claire
>
> On Thu, 11 Oct 2007, Charles Kutz wrote:
>
>> The P-Band receivers in antenna 11 and 21 have been turned back on.
>> These units generate strong C-Band RFI at ~ 6.7GHz in antenna 11 and,
>> ~6.7GHZ and ~6.9GHz in antenna 21. We are working on the root cause and
>> the solution.
>> We are in the process of documenting other observed occurrences in other
>> EVLA antennas. These signals are there and may be a nuisance only. These
>> "birdies" should not have a large impact on observations since they are
>> low enough in power that they do not affect leveling in the T304 and are
>> CW signals that appear to be very stable in frequency.
>>
>> We are working on it.
>>
>> Chuck

     R. Craig Walker            Array Operations Center
     cwalker at nrao.edu           National Radio Astronomy Observatory
     Phone  505 835 7247        P. O. Box O
     Fax    505 835 7027        Socorro NM 87801   USA