[evlatests] P-Band

Charles Kutz ckutz at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 11 09:58:32 EDT 2007

The P-Band receivers in antenna 11 and 21 have been turned back on.
These units generate strong C-Band RFI at ~ 6.7GHz in antenna 11 and,
~6.7GHZ and ~6.9GHz in antenna 21. We are working on the root cause and
the solution.
We are in the process of documenting other observed occurrences in other
EVLA antennas. These signals are there and may be a nuisance only. These
"birdies" should not have a large impact on observations since they are
low enough in power that they do not affect leveling in the T304 and are
CW signals that appear to be very stable in frequency.

We are working on it.

Chuck