[evlatests] 17 Nov. sick data / Nov. 15 good data.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 19 16:57:45 EST 2007

L band, BW= 0.78 MHz, corr mode 2AC, same file
run on both days but Doppler velocity settings
were different on the 2 days, i.e. several freq.
settings were used.

In all cases, the pattern is that when the Fluke
setting in the observe file ends in an odd number
of Hz, the EVLA and VLA are mutually incoherent
(fringes within each array are OK). Fluke AC set
to even Hz always makes the 2 arrays coherent.

I checked the scripts for the 2 days at:

/home/mchost/evla/scripts/astronomy/2007/11/140AV297-000.evla
/home/mchost/evla/scripts/astronomy/2007/11/142AV297-000.evla

The frequency in the scripts is identical to that in the
.obs file. Is obs2script supposed to round the frequencies
to even Hz on both AC and BD or just BD?  in this case
neither appears to be rounded - but an expert should look
at this, as I may not be reading the script correctly.

V.