[evlatests] More on 2 subarrays / updates to idcaf

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 19 09:56:48 EST 2007

I've just committed some changes (that hopefully are also fixes) to idcaf.
The older version is still running.  I think it would be worth testing
this version with the 2-subarray test that Vivek ran last week.  I will
try to deploy the updated idcaf at the next convenient test slot.

There are three changes since yesterday:

1. Activate new correlator document mode up to one integration earlier --
should fix one type of possible first integration problem.

2. If a new VlaCorrelatorMode document has a start time not on a 10-second
IAT boundary, flag the integration during which the new document takes
effect.  I think this is the most common cause of the "first integration"
problems that folks have reported and it is clear that it is common that
the first VlaCorrMode document of a file often starts with a start time
not on a 10sec boundary.  A tolerance of 0.05 seconds is used.

3. If multiple documents of the same type/subarray have same start time,
take the most recent one.  I would still feel more comfortable if idcaf
didn't have to choose among conflicting documents!

-Walter