[evlatests] EVLA/VLA Incoherency at L-band

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 9 12:45:14 EST 2007

    In reviewing all the data taken yesterday, I must modify my initial
statement, made yesterday, about VLA to EVLA incoherency.

    The correct statement is:

    The EVLA and VLA are mutually incoherent at 1860, 1910, and 1960
MHz.  For these frequencies, strong fringes are seen within each array,
but only uncorrelated noise on baselines linking them.   This occurred
on all five individual observations (sources), for these three
frequencies.

    The two arrays were properly coherent for all other frequencies,
running from 1210 to 1810 MHz.