[evlatests] EVLA file server amos shutdown

James Robnett jrobnett at nrao.edu
Wed May 30 16:35:31 EDT 2007

    The EVLA file server 'amos' will be down from
shortly after 3pm today till around 4pm.

     While it's down the diskless EVLA devices
that  get their operating system from it will stop
responding. Those devices are primarily the
deformmaters (d351-{a,b,c,d},  the bdf-server
and the edfa controller.

     We need to replace Amos' primary hard
drive to fix various problems it started
having late yesterday or this morning.

     We may need to reboot (or power cycle)
all the diskless devices after amos is back
up.    We'll confirm that the devices already
down (like the bdf-server) come up before
rebooting the others.

James Robnett

ps: Apologies to those of you who already
recieved a copy via the other mailing lists.