[evlatests] May 26th / MODCOMP-free.

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Sun May 27 19:10:13 EDT 2007

Conditions: X-band fast switching; Line 4IF, 25MHz (a la Carilli &
             Reichers). 0-2hrs UT.

Objectives: Is the phantom source on EVLA baselines gone when
             modcomps are gone?

             Is the yin/yang gone in A-array?
             (all moved except 6, 9, 10, 11(out), 19(M-Pad).

Results:    will have to wait. I found other stuff.

There were gaps in mid run on some antennas, of 30-60 mins.
EVLA antennas seemed OK - i.e. not systematically worse
than VLA.

The amplitudes on some antennas varied smoothly up/down
over the 2hrs - as if the pointing was wandering? 5, 17,
(at west end) went up;  20 (E) went down - factor 2 or more.

Ken had said something about delays so I fitted them (10 as
refant) and found them (a) upto 60ns off (b) changing by ~15ns
over the 2hrs of data, with a strong EW signature. Could IAT-UTC
have been left off? might explain the pointing as well.

V.

P.S.
So I checked the antenna table, it has zeros for UT1-UTC, pole
X,Y and IAT-UTC   - but so does it when the modcomps rule.