[evlatests] Attenuator setting

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Fri May 11 18:18:01 EDT 2007

I went through all bands on antennas 13,14,16,17,18,21,24,26 today (23 was
being worked on and 19 didn't like some of the questions I asked it)
seeking improved attenuator settings.  Only a few changes were made.
Cloudy weather at the site made me reluctant to increase attenuation for
the high freq bands, but I did make changes that resulted in lower total
attenuation (and probably this still results in slightly too much
attenuation for fair weather).

Band by band:

P: things were too confusing to do properly in the time I had.

L: ea17 wanted 4/3 dB more attenuation on B/D.
    ea24 wanted 2/3 dB more attenuation on B/D.

C: ea16, ea21, ea24 could not be tuned.  ea21 has no receiver.  Not sure
 	what is wrong with the others
    ea26 wanted 15/5 dB less attenuation on B/D.  I refused to do so as
 	the big change might be indicitive of some other problem.  I can
 	look at this again if this is thought to be real.

X: ea26 wanted 4 dB more attenuation

K: ea13 wanted 2/4 dB less on B/D.
    ea14 wanted 4 dB less on B

Q: ea26 wanted 3dB less on B

Except where noted, all changes have been committed to evlaparms and will
take effect on next restart of the executor.

-Walter