[evlatests] Venus, Software time March 29

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Fri Mar 30 19:16:37 EDT 2007

I found 'VENUSC' at C band, 21:07-21:40.

The header had no ra/dec in it, as Barry warned.

There was a gap 21:10-21:23 with no data on any baseline.

Amplitudes (uncalibrated) were 0.18Jy or about 1.8Jy
assuming the VLA gain factor is still 10.
 From VLBA pointing results, Mar27, Venus at 7mm was about
80Jy, so I would expect about 1Jy at C band (Hope I did
this right).  Otherwise amplitudes looked  nominally the
same on all VLA and EVLA antennas, with exceptions noted
below. The planet was resolved, but some antennas appeared
weak/dead. I have not dug into this deeply.

Phases were flat. Venus is moving ~100" in 30 minutes, and
the beam was 10" or so, so the array must have been tracking
right. (Again, hope I did this right).

3, 6, 11 - a few low points in amplitude.
5 - dropped out in amplitude for ~1 min
13 - dropout for ~4 min
21 dead (known problem ?)

many antennas on the E arm appeared dead -
23,28,25,10 except 3, 15, 20 were OK. This
is not a resolution effect, 18 and 22 on the
ends of the other arms  were fine.

I'll look into this more if there is need
let me know

Vivek.