[evlatests] AR642 30jun07: ok for 17mins, dead for remaining 40mins

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Sat Jun 30 15:03:48 EDT 2007

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, Michael Rupen wrote:

> AR642  30jun07  02:42-03:40
>  dynamic run, fast-switching, continuum, C-band, 3.3s averaging

>   for the remaining 40 mins, including one long non-fast-switching scan on
>   3C286.  2/3 USELESS FOR SCIENCE.

Michael,

There has been an extended non-public discussion about how
project codes are getting lost or distorted on the way to
the archive record.  Fast switching is the easiest way
to trigger this.  I am sure your data is in the archive but
the project code is not what you expect.  Also, if you do
find the data be warned that the calibrator will not be marked
with a non-blank cal code.

Ken