[evlatests] Report on AB1248

Ed Fomalont efomalon at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 29 12:40:40 EDT 2007

Comments on first 100 minutes of AM889

LBAND: 2IF, 2 Pols 7 channel each

Filled data with 20sec averaging by mistake.  Redoing it correctly now.

Non-orking antennas (at least no data with fillm)
 6, 11, 15, 22, 23 (only a little at end)

Four 2-min calibrator scans inspected:

phases very stable with time

BUT

most antenna amplitude stability poor >10% changes over ~20 to 60
second period.

Only really stable antenna is 19?

some dropout  antennas 1 13 17 27 for one calibrator scan

Phases over 7 frequency channels look reasonable, i.e. not much phase
slope.

SO, OKAY EXCEPT FOR POOR AMPLITUDE STABILITY.

BUT, I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF THIS PERSISTS WHEN I FILL THE DATA WITH THE
3.3SEC SAMPLING.  BUT THE PHASE IS VERY STABLE, SO THIS 20SEC AVERAGING
ON-LINE SHOULD NOT AFFECT GAIN
STABILITY - UNLESS AVERAGING IS NOT DONE CORRECTLY.

Ed