[evlatests] project names

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 29 10:26:58 EDT 2007

I am still not quite sure about how project names are determined.
My two runs from last night had projects codes GVMMOS and GVMDT
in the observe file.  These same names are referred to in the
operator logs.  But - and I had to run FILLM with a blank VLAOBS
to find out - AIPS thinks the codes are VMOS and VMDT, respect-
ively.  So it doesn't just lose the first character; in the first
case it also lost one of the Ms.

This may not sound as important as some of the other stuff we have
been discussing but observers need to know their project codes in
order to find their data back in the archive.

More on these tests (Mosaicking and Doppler tracking) later this
morning.

Gustaaf