[evlatests] X-Band status, Modcomp-free, 26 June

Jim Jackson jjackson at nrao.edu
Tue Jun 26 18:02:13 EDT 2007

I just checked while the system was in X-band (about 3:45PM MDT).

I see nothing in the hardware to explain why Antennas 19 & 21 did not work.

Antennas 13 and 14 have been having EDFA problems. These have just
been swapped to spare EDFA's. I wouldn't trust anything before about
3:30PM MDT today.  We also had extra problems bringing 13D up and
some monitor points in the D351-d are not behaving - there does
appear to be good RMS, TP and SD values. We believe the IF-D signal
should be good but won't know for sure until we power cycle and check
the module tomorrow.

Antenna 18 IF-A is dead due to a bad D351 deformatter - it will
likely be changed tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.  We don't
currently have spares - Kerry just completed final assembly on a few
more and is testing them overnight.

The drops on 26AC sound like synthesizer lock issues we see
occasionally - we are looking into those in the L302 design and calibration.

Antenna 16 will need some more looking into.

Jim