[evlatests] Test report June 25

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon Jun 25 17:03:04 EDT 2007

I've attempted to cram in as much testing as I can in the 1 hour I've
requested today.  My tests come in three parts with obs codes ax000, ay000
and az000 -- names given on Ken's advice to not share codes with real
projects but to still allow me to test idcaf's name demangling.

Somehow the files got renamed ax001, ax002 and ax003 prior to execution???

ax000   (a.k.a. ax001 in the archive)
~~~~~
10 minutes on 0542+498 at X-band, continuum fast dump.  Phase switching
was disabled on VLA antennas 10,12,15,22 as a test of the cause of
"pulses".

* IDCAF seems to have written 'ax001' as the obs code into the database
-- consistent with the name of the project as it was run.

* No obvious pulses in the data!  Rick confirms this.

ay000   (a.k.a. ax002 in the archive)
~~~~~
This was to test two things: 1. See if obs2script in the system now
correctly handles source names with 13 characters.  Seems to do that just
fine.  Second was to see if VS mode crashes after my fix last week.  Still
crashes, but does so differently.  This needs some head scratching, but is
of low priority until Modcomps are gone.

az000   (a.k.a. ax003 in the archive)
~~~~~
This is a test of an update to vlaraster.py and raster.py to correct some
problems with mosaic mode.  The fix only attempts to correct the "submode"
which is used by AIPS to catalog the data.  Other problems (such as
termination of loops) were not addressed by the fix.

* Aips now names things properly

* After inspection of executor log the source position problem has been
found.  I can get a fix out before long.

* the first 15 minutes of this observation are on boresight and data were
taken in 0.4s mode.  No sign of pulses here either.

-Walter