[evlatests] Correlator Offsets, (cont.)

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Jun 22 15:31:40 EDT 2007

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Rick Perley wrote:

>    A test was run this morning, to see if the infamous offsets remain,
> following some work yesterday by Ken and Ray.

More work was done on Thursday and we think we have banished
the infamous correlator offsets.  Unfortunately there was no
clear sign of the mechanism.  It was made to go away by
rearranging the timing of the readback of selftest results
from the correlator so that the entire process is spread out
over more time.  There is no hint from this work that the
problem would have been restricted to 25 MHz; I would not
be surprised if narrower line BWs were also affected in some
way.  We are confident that continuum and 50 MHz line was not
affected.

Still, I encourage anyone with long integrations in line mode
on empty fields to examine the data carefully and report anything
that looks incorrect as soon as possible.

Thanks to Ray and Bruce who put in the thought, effort and time
to fix this.