[evlatests] tests, June 12

Barry Clark bclark at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 13 13:32:42 EDT 2007

----------

25 seconds is way too long; I don't know where that came from.  One
second sounds a little too short to me.  The reciprocal of the servo
bandwidth seems to be a little over one second.  Somebody could remind
me how often the DCS returns antenna position errors.  Just watching the
ACU screen, it looks like it might be about once per second.  We should
require at least two readbacks in the CMP.

> From pwhiteis at aoc.nrao.edu  Wed Jun 13 11:13:21 2007
>
> I think I may know what the issue is here. The MIB flags an el/az
> position error if the deviation from commanded position is too large for
> over one second. Ditto for the CMP. However, when the antennas are on
> source and the deviation error goes away, the MIB clears the position
> alert within 1 second. The CMP however, will not clear the deviation
> error for *25* seconds. I'm not sure why this difference exists, but it
> seems like we should make the alert behaviour match for the two systems.
> The question is, which is correct, MIB or CMP?
>
> -Pete-

begin:vcard
fn:Peter Whiteis
n:Whiteis;Peter