[evlatests] summary, June 7 2007

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Thu Jun 7 22:37:23 EDT 2007

After verifying that all antennas were working the entire period was
spent Modcomp free.  My experience is that the operators are practiced
at this now and handle the transitions easily.

It was immediately discovered that idcaf-vispipe were not on speaking
terms.  Restarting idcaf and rebooting the PC-104 (in that order) got
it going again.  Later Pete explained that he had poked around in the
PC-104 this morning and had likely left it unusable.  Since he was unable
to find anyone (we were all in meetings) he did not reboot the system.
We did learn that idcaf survives having the PC-104 rebooted.  Further
experience will tell us how robust, or fragile, this connection really is.

Delays were measured at X band and corrections made in the parameters
database.  A few remaining errors were corrected by hand and when
checked again delay errors at X band were acceptably small for all
antennas.  As Rick reported, all 27 antennas and all IFs were working
although a few are weak because of poor pointing.

During this time antenna 16 disappeared.  Rob later explained that
this was because someone had unintentionally turned off the EDFAs
because the monitor screen for them can be easily convinced to send
out commands.

Delays were then measured at all bands including U band.  Database
values for C and U bands were corrected before the test that Rick
reports, K and L bands a little later.  The Q band measurements
were deemed unreliable because of poor pointing.

The remaining time after Rick's test observations finish will be
devoted to a C band pointing run.