[evlatests] AM889

Ed Fomalont efomalon at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 20 13:03:06 EDT 2007

I just received an email from Neal who is working on the July 14 and 15
data.  He has processed the previous data sets.  I've looked at the July
17 data set (it is fine) and have copied over the July 19 data set for
inspection.

Apart from the comments and errors that Neal and I have already passed
on, the following observations

Date          Start IAT
6/29/2007    13:41    AM889
7/1/2007     13:34    AM889
7/6/2007     13:14    AM889
7/12/2007    12:51    AM889
7/13/2007    12:47    AM889
7/14/2007    12:43    AM889
7/15/2007    12:39    AM889
7/16/2007    12:35    AM889
7/17/2007    12:31    AM889

are all fine and need not be reobserved.

I have added some notes from Neal that I just received.

========================================================================================================
(from Neal Miller)

First scan problems:

Our first scan has been bad for at least several
observations in a row now (assuming you mean the first
3C48 scan). Somewhere around half the antennas have
near zero amplitudes (not a simple VLA or EVLA subset),
the other antennas are clearly off. I've wiped all of
these data, and just used the second 3C48 scan for
calibration. The second scan has been well behaved,
save for the last few time records (about the same
as in your notes).

F2 LL is also developing a pattern of requiring more
flagging. It's a handful of baselines, mainly confined
to ones with Antenna 3 or 9. We get "hits" (short,
usually just one integration interval) with amplitudes
of ~10's of Jy. It doesn't seem like RFI, but I don't
really have the experience or knowledge base to say
that with any certainty. I'll try to pay more attention
to the specifics of this (which baselines, etc.) in
future reductions.

Otherwise, the data generally look great.