[evlatests] AT342 good / K band line

Vivek Dhawan vdhawan at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 9 15:35:31 EDT 2007

This project was reported as good last week. Apropos this morning's
discussion of tuning holes at K-band, I can confirm that AT342 used
bandwidth codes 1414 (25 MHz and 3.125 MHz) observed on 03 July i.e.
modcomp-free, and had perfectly good data. Its center frequency was
22241.1 MHz, i.e. less than 1MHz away from 22240.17 where I reported
a problem.

AR646 Richards and AM889 Miller both use L-band line modes that are
known NOT to have this problem (they potentially have the correlator
offset known as the yin-yang problem at a low level.)

AK656 is X-band line observing on the 24th. I dont know what setting
they are using, or which setups have problems (if any) at X-band.
Ken expects the problem only at K and U band. Q band he is uncertain
because of the additional complexity in frequency conversion.

I see no other line observing in fixed schedule this month. Further,
Joan reports that neither of the suspect modes are in the dynamic
queue for July:
(1) L band dynamics requesting BW code 5 or 6.
(2) K band dynamics requesting BW code 3, 4, or 5.

Vivek.