[evlatests] [Fwd: ph-slope]

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 5 08:26:00 EST 2007

Just for completeness, I looked carefully at the difference between
IF 1 and IF 2 for my AG730 X band data from November 24-26.
On a given day, the difference has the same very slow drift or
scatter on EVLA antennas as VLA antennas, a peak-to-peak range
of about 10 degrees over 10 hours.

The only difference is that the EVLA antennas appear to jump
40-60 deg. betweeen Day 1 and Day 2, whereas the VLA antennas
stay constant.  I assume that this is because a VLA antenna
was the reference antenna, and the relative EVLA-VLA phase
doesn't come back to the same place on the second day that it
was on the first day.  Since who knows what happened in between
the two runs (14 hours between the end of one and the start
of the next), this is hardly surprising.

Jim