[evlatests] antenna 1 works, again

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 28 23:44:22 EST 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Ken Sowinski wrote:

> The antenna is still not behaving in an understandable mannere.
>
> 1.  Pointing runs are not good.  The pointing errors are small,
> but do not fit the model at all so there are large residuals and
> chi square.  I have not yet been able to discern any patterns in
> the post-fit residuals.  Many pointing trials are rejected because
> of an inferred beam size which is much too small.

On Wednesday the servo group found a badly rusted az encoder
bearing.  The encoder was rebuilt since then and the antenna
was placed in service again.  A pointing run was attempted
and the antenna now behaves as it should.  Post fit poiinting
residuals now are better than before the antenna was refurbished.

Doug says the the focus drum is still binding so the antenna should
probably not be used until that problem is addressed.