[evlatests] Ant 26

Rob Long rlong at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 26 19:27:41 EST 2007

We found numerous problems with frame alignment in all 4 deformatter
cards for antenna 26 this morning.  We initially tried adding extra
cable to the 128 MHz clock splitter in the antenna which seemed to help
IFs B & C.  After checking into the deformatter rack, we discovered that
several fan trays had blown fuses and the deformatters for antennas 26
and 24 were running especially hot!  We had looked at this issue once
before, made some measurements, and upped the fuse rating on all fan
trays in the deformatter racks today.

The good news is....once the boards cooled down (and we rebooted the
D351-A), the frame alignment errors for all IFs dropped to zero on
antenna 26.  We will continue to keep an eye on these fan assemblies to
ensure that we now have the correct fuses installed.  If someone could
let me know if this cures the "phase jumping around" problem I would be
very appreciative.

Rob