[evlatests] antenna 11

Ken Sowinski ksowinsk at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 22 11:16:46 EDT 2007

Antenna 11 worked for only the first half hour or so of the pointing run
last night.  It broke at 3h46m10 IAT and was flagged for L302 out of
lock and no backend total power.  This was about the time that the
antennas got on source after slewing to a new pointing source.

It seems that the L302-2 is the one that failed, but IF A data was
often affected as well.  I looked at the data on the 1-11 baseline
and found.
IFA  Sometimes as expected, sometimes very low amplitudes.
IFC  No apparant problems.
IFB  Incoherent noise.
IFD  Large constant amplitude, even when off source; unchanging phase.

It continued to be broken until 9h38m IAT when antennas 1 and 11
were no longer in the same subarray.

As I write, the antenna is working normally, except for IFA which has
a very low amplitude response.