[evlatests] 26D

Mike Revnell mrevnell at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 21 12:48:14 EDT 2007

This is the situation I add some logic in the deformatter to look at
back in June.

Looking at the deformatter diagnostics I see that something about the
data coming from the antenna is causing the deformatter to frequently
realign the frames from the three optical channels. There are no parity
errors. This in turn points back to the time stamping logic and the
timing into the module.

We haven't yet found a problem in a DTS module that was swapped out for
this problem. The details are still a mystery.

For the time being I've disabled the realignment logic in the
deformatter. This means that the deformatter can't recover it a real
hiccup occurs.

Hypothesis... The 'shredding' should have stopped. Possible change in
delay on that IF.